When you are caught up with work, it can be very difficult to maintain the garden that you have put a lot of time and effort into. It can be rather disheartening to spend time on your outside space and watch it overgrow because you don’t have the time. The answer is to create a low maintenance garden that you can be proud of, and that will look good all year round.
A low maintenance garden isn’t necessarily one that is concreted or tarmacked over, as tempting as that may be. You can really create a beautiful space with perfect aesthetics by being a little creative with your ideas. There are some fantastic garden ideas for the green-thumbed gardener, but if you want to keep your garden looking great without needing much of your time taken up, you need these golden rules.
- Get rid of the plants. Okay, so it’s a garden and it sounds radical, but you can replace the real greenery for fake greenery. Artificial grass instead of a real lawn can be a fantastic addition to the garden and it doesn’t take much in the way of maintaining other than a quick vacuum!
- Replace the fencing. Wood or timber fencing can require a lot of maintenance over the years, and replacing the fencing with composite fence panels instead gives you a fence with a longer life. You don’t have to worry about rotting wood, painting or spending money maintaining the fencing over time, which is one less thing to worry about!
- Decorate it with pebbles. Stone work through the garden and arranging pebbles in formation on the ground can give your garden a beautiful look without having to worry about weeding and pruning. All you have to do with pebbles is keep an outdoor brush handy and brush everything into it when things get a little skewwhiff.
- Potted plants are the way to introduce a little greenery into your garden if you have opted out of a fake lawn. You won’t have to do much work with potted plants, and if you want to just have the green look without any of the repotting, all you have to do is go fake!
- Go a little modern with some amazing agricultural supplies. Troughs and feeders like these that are stainless steel can make your whole garden look like it’s been upgraded.
- Buy metal furniture for your time to relax rather than wooden furniture. Wooden garden furniture may look beautiful, but the chances of rot over time and having the furniture ruined by the weather means you could be replacing it more often than you want to be. Metal furniture looks just as good without the need to replace over and over again.
Your outdoor space is yours to manage how you like and if you want a modern, beautiful look all year round, you can make your garden low maintenance. The whole point of having a garden that is low maintenance is that you can just relax and not worry about how it looks. Go for yours now and make it look good!